Postgres Raster image display

Brent Fraser bfraser at GEOANALYTIC.COM
Tue Oct 23 12:21:59 EDT 2007

Ryan,
  You've got TILEINDEX and TILEITEM  swapped.  They should
be:

  TILEITEM "location"
  TILEINDEX "stereo_simp"

TILEINDEX is the name of the layer in the map file defining
the tileindex geometry,  TILEITEM is the attribute field in
that layer showing the location of the raster files.

Brent Fraser
GeoAnalytic Inc.
Calgary, Alberta

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Ollerenshaw" <ryanollerenshaw at GMAIL.COM>
To: <MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU>
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 3:52 PM
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Postgres Raster image
display

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/wms_time_support/#example-of-
> > wms-t-with-postgis-tile-index-for-raster-imagery
> >

> I gave it a try but i keep getting the error:
>  msSHPOpenFile(): Unable to access file.
(/var/www/html/data/location)

> here is what i changed by map file too:
>
> LAYER
>   NAME "stereo_simp"
>   TYPE POLYGON
>   STATUS on
>   CONNECTION "host=localhost dbname=mars user=postgres"
>   CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
>   #DATA
"/hiview/products/data_sun/20070929_000600_14euA_171_16_gdal
.tif"
>   DATA "the_geom FROM usgs_gaz"
> END
>
> LAYER
>   NAME "stereo_test"
>   STATUS on
>   TYPE RASTER
>   PROCESSING "SCALE=AUTO" #rescale 16-bit to 8-bit
>   PROJECTION
>     "init=epsg:4326"
>   END
>   DUMP TRUE
>   METADATA
>    wms_title "USGS Gazetteer Place Names" ## REQUIRED
>    wms_srs "EPSG:4326"
>   END
>   TILEINDEX "location"
>   TILEITEM "stereo_simp"
> END  # layer
>
> whenever i use the tag TILEINDEX is always looks for a
file, in my
> case a file /var/www/html/data/location.  Why cant i get
this to grab

<ryanollerenshaw at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
images with
features this way
cant find any that
Here is what

8-bit
user=postgres"
to the image

"/hiview/products/data/20070929_000600_14euA_171_16_gdal.tif
"

> > > Sorry i should have been more clear on my post I do
not want to store
> > > the images directly in the database, what i am trying
to do is store
> > > the location of the image in the database and use
mapserver to read
> > > this location column and display the image.  This
works fine when
> > > using gdaltindex when gdal generates the dbf file for
example using
> > > this technique:
> > >
> > > LAYER
> > >   NAME "stereo_simp"
> > >   TYPE RASTER
> > >   PROCESSING "SCALE=AUTO" #rescale 16-bit to 8-bit
> > >   STATUS on
> > >   TILEINDEX "images.shp"
> > >   TILEITEM "location"
> > > END
> > >
> > > but when i try to use Postgres as the TILEINDEX this
does not work,