wfs server and encoding

Milo van der Linden mlinden at ZEELANDNET.NL
Wed Oct 24 15:00:58 EDT 2007

I ran in to exactly the same problem, getting the data in UTF-8 was an
absolute " must"  in order to get the labels to show up right in a Flash
GIS client.

After searching the internet and contacting some technicians at MapInfo
UK, I found that the only solution was to create a postGIS database in
UTF-8 format; read the MapInfo data into the postGIS database with OGR
and correcting encoding errors by hand....