scale problem

Wed Oct 31 18:12:21 EDT 2007

Scalebar computations will not be particularly accurate with unprojected output
for the reason Simon mentions. For projected output the scalebars produced are
quite good. Since they are raster images they are prone to a bit of rounding error
as the line work is drawn.

Comparisons between the scalebar images and features drawn on the screen are
very sensitive to how your are computing cellsize. MapServer uses a cell center to
cell center pixel model with an extent running from the center of the UL cell to the
center of the LR cell.

Steve