adding support for user authentication within Mapserver for GetCapablities and GetMap

Bob Basques bob.b at GRITECHNOLOGIES.COM
Sat Sep 1 00:53:34 EDT 2007

All,

I've run into the same design problems as Ed is describing here as
well.   There just doesn't seem to be an easy way to add in
Authentication to any of the spatial standards that have been set up.

I'm really having a hard time trying to decide just how to add
authentication.  I also need to add it at the layer level which makes
things a bit more complicated.  I'm not fond of the clear-text parameter
method either, and managing things on the server side is too much admin
overhead.

I have some ideas, but they all seem overly complicated.

bobb