hosted website installation

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Sat Sep 1 17:55:22 EDT 2007

Tara Athan wrote:
> However, I get this error message from the ./configure command:
> checking test program... failed
> configure: error:
> Could not execute a simple test program.  This may be a problem
> related to locating shared libraries.  Check the file 'config.log'
> for the exact reason.

Go into the config.log, and work backward until you find the complaint
it reported. I see it:

configure:17451: gcc -o conftest -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels
-fno-strict-aliasing -D_GNU_SOURCE  -I/home/alttwois/usr/local/include
-lstdc++  -L/home/alttwois/usr/local/lib conftest.c -lz -lreadline
-ltermcap -lcrypt -ldl -lm  >&5
configure:17454: $? = 0
configure:17456: ./conftest
./conftest: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.5:
configure:17459: $? = 127
configure: program exited with status 127
configure: failed program was:

Your compiler setup can't even find the readline library. Ouch. I think
you can compile PgSQL --without-readline, but scraping by without line
history editing isn't pleasant.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA