Image formats: Performance Testing: Test 1

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Sun Sep 2 10:11:46 EDT 2007

Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> Your results seem to be in line with my previous findings:

Hi, Jukka. Nice to hear from you again. :)

Indeed, the results of ECW and JPEG2000 versus TIFF weren't too
surprising. I had been asked "prove it" and decided to share my numbers
with y'all.

Both the ECW and JP2K were through GDAL via the ERMapper SDK support. A
year or two ago, I decided that JasPer was too flaky for real usage.

> Did I understood right that your output image size is always 700 by 700 pixels?

Correct.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA