strange problem with quadtree index

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 3 11:21:46 EDT 2007

Hi list,

I have a 3D POINT shapefile dataset, and if I do a query using Mapserver (or
ogrinfo for that matter) when the shapefile has a quadtree index file
associated (level 4), it does not find any features within the box.

If I delete the qix file, it correctly finds all the features in the box,
but ofcourse performance is poor.

Any pointers on this problem? Or is the dataset needed to find out the cause
of such an issue (it's quite big unfortunately)?

Best regards,
Bart