GIF TAB

Tue Sep 4 09:37:41 EDT 2007

Hallgren Johan E wrote:

> Hello friends
>

> If I’m correct, the world file idea is an ESRI invention for
> georeferencing of a rasterfile and MapInfo are using a tab-file along
> with the raster. My question is, does MapServer support both the ESRI
> world file and the MapInfo tab-file for georeferencing of raster?

Mapserver has input data providers like a Shapefile provider that handle
input from shapefiles. I also has (deprecated?) TIFF provider that
expects some flavor of world file and if has GDAL and OGR providers that
support a wide range of input providers. Since each input provider,
which are not part of the mapserver development (for the most part),
have their own symantecs with respect to world file support, you really
need to be somewhat aware of which provider you are trying to use, and
to be aware of what they support.

So it would be helpful if you can post the output of:

mapserv -v

and maybe some details about the data you are trying to display.

-Steve W