SYMBOLSCALE and SLD

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Sep 5 10:56:09 EDT 2007

Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> when Mapserver applies an SLD to a LAYER, it does not remove SYMBOLSCALE
> from the LAYER, which results in line widths etc. which do not
> correspond exactly to the SLD line widths.
>
> Is this intentional? Should it not remove SYMBOLSCALE when applying an SLD?

  Not really intentional, I simply never used SYMBOLSCALE in the tests.
It is kind of debatable if the SLD should remove this setting.  I am
more inclined at this point to agree with you so that  SYMBOLSCALE  will
always be set to -1 when the SLD is applied. I have opened
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2291 for it so others can comment
on it.

Later,

> Best regards,