TCL/MapScript compile issue

Benoit Myard myardbenoit at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 6 05:23:51 EDT 2007

Hi list,

I'm trying to compile the Tcl MapScript extension under Solaris 10 and
I have a few problems. I 'm using MapServer 4.10.3, Swig 1.3.21 and
Tcl 8.5 but had no luck.

Firstly, as I don't need Swig to be installed to build the Perl
MapScript extension, why should I need it for Tcl MapScript ? What are
the fundamental differencies between the two bindings justifying the
presence of Swig for one but not the other ?

Anyway, after installing Swig, I following the documentation and
create the Makefile :

  > ./configure --with-tcl=/usr/local --with-swig=/opt/csw
  > looking for Tcl in /usr/local
  >                   found lib/tclConfig.sh in /usr/local
  > looking for Swig in /opt/csw
  > can not find swig.h in /opt/csw/include
  > using pre-built swig tcl interface
  > tcl version = 8.5
  > creating Makefile

As one can see, there's no 'swig.h'; actually my Swig package didn't provide it.

  > make
  > /opt/csw/bin/swig -tcl8 -dhtml -namespace -DHAVE_VSNPRINTF
-DUSE_EPPL -DUSE_PROJ -DUSE_GD_GIF -DUSE_GD_PNG -DUSE_GD_JPEG
-DUSE_GD_WBMP -DUSE_GD_FT -DGD_HAS_FTEX_XSHOW -DGD_HAS_GDIMAGEGIFPTR
-DGD_HAS_GETBITMAPFONTS -DUSE_OGR -DUSE_GDAL -DUSE_WMS_SVR
-DUSE_WMS_LYR -DUSE_WFS_SVR -DUSE_WFS_LYR -DUSE_WCS_SVR -I.
-I/usr/local//include -I/usr/local//include -I/usr/local/include \
  >         mapscript.i
  > swig: Warning. -dhtml option deprecated.
  > mapscript.i:215: Unable to find 'tclmodule.i'
  > *** Error code 1
  > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `mapscript_wrap.c'

I wonder which package should provide this file ? MapServer itself ?
Swig ? (Swig doesn't provide it).

As you may have noticed, I'm completely lost and I don't really know
what to do. I would greatly appreciate any pointer.

Thanks.

--
Benoit Myard