No subject

Christopher Harris docterrobert at MSN.COM
Thu Sep 6 17:26:46 EDT 2007

Hi.  I'm trying to take an image that already exists and display it through mapserver.  It's a map from a college campus that I will eventually superimpose over another layer.  No matter what I do, the image won't display.  For projection, I'm Using UTM projection, WGS84 ellipsoid, NAD83 datum.  The campus is University of Illinois in Champaign/Urbana.  Since I'm using UTM, I know that the zone is 16.  I've geocoded the top right and bottom left corners of the campus.  The Easting of the bottom left corner is 393,898 Meters and the Northing is 4,438,945 Meters.  The Easting of the top right is 396,253 Meters and the Northing is 4,441,379 Meters.  I don't know if I'm leaving any parameters out in the Projection object in either the Map Object or the one Layer Object I have.  Plus, I don't know if I'm declaring the Extent wrong.  On top of that, someone suggested to me that I'd need a world file to specify where the image is located on a globe.  I've set one up and am also specifying the values according to UTM, thought I'm not really sure what the 1st and 4th value really mean (yes - I've read many variations of the same definition for setting up world files).  I'm using Ubuntu Feisty Linux and php Mapscript.  I'm attaching the world file, .map file, and .php file.  The .gif file is too big but can be located at: http://www.parking.uiuc.edu/campus_map/.  Click on "Larger Image" and download that .pdf.  I used Photoshop to convert it to a .gif, .png, .jpg, and .tif also and tried all of those but to no avail.  As far as Mapserver info:

MapServer version 4.10.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG

I'm stuck, and don't know what else to do.  I've spent almost 2 weeks trying to get this to work as I've been learning about Mapserver, Mapscript, and projections.  Any help to point me in the right direction would awesome.  Also, if this isn't possible to do and I'm beating my head against a wall, that would be helpful too.  My head hurts.  Thank you in advance.

 - Chris