difference between shp2img and Mapserver

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Sep 10 10:23:24 EDT 2007

Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> if I omit a NAME from a LAYER, shp2img will still draw the layer, but
> Mapserver will not draw it using &mode=map&layers=all.
>
> Would it not be better to generate an error/warning message saying the
> NAME is required in all cases?
>
> It took me quite a while to figure out what I was doing wrong ... :-)

Bart,

Is this behavior new in 5.0?  If not, then I would encourage you to file a
ticket on the issue, and hopefully something can be done for 5.0.1 or 5.2.

If this behavior is new in 5.0 then we need to know immediately so we can
consider fixing it before the next RC.

Best regards,