Win32 Compilation and Installation

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 13 05:10:36 EDT 2007

You can do the complilation using the buildkit and VS 2005 as well.
We've set up a buildbot configuration for doing regular builds using
various platforms and compilers and target architectures. You can
inspect the desired output of the various build steps here

http://buildbot.osgeo.org:8504/

You might have to manually edit mapserver/nmake.opt for adding the
various dependencies according to your needs.
For example the VS2005 Win32 build uses the following additions:

MS_BASE = E:\buildbot\osgeo\slaves\szekerest-msvc80-mapserver\buildkit\mapserver

SWIG = E:\buildbot\SWIG-1.3.31\swig.exe
MSVC_VER = 1400

PROJ=-DUSE_PROJ -DUSE_PROJ_API_H
PROJ_DIR=$(MS_BASE)\..\proj-4.4.9

GDAL=-DUSE_GDAL
GDAL_DIR=$(MS_BASE)\..\gdal

OGR=-DUSE_OGR

GEOS=-DUSE_GEOS
GEOS_DIR=$(MS_BASE)\..\geos-2.2.3

ICONV=-DUSE_ICONV
ICONV_DIR=$(MS_BASE)\..\libiconv-1.9.1

WMS=-DUSE_WMS_SVR
WMSCLIENT= -DUSE_WMS_LYR
CURL_DIR=$(MS_BASE)\..\curl-7.15.1
WINSOCK_LIB ="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Lib\WS2_32.Lib"

WFSCLIENT= -DUSE_WFS_LYR
WFS=-DUSE_WFS_SVR
WCS=-DUSE_WCS_SVR

PYTHON_HOME = "$(MS_BASE)\..\Python-2.4.4"

DOT_NET = YES

AGG=-DUSE_AGG
AGG_DIR=$(MS_BASE)\..\agg-2.4

POSTGIS =-DUSE_POSTGIS
POSTGIS_DIR =$(MS_BASE)\..\postgresql-8.2.3

Best regards,

Tamas