FILTER slow

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at INTEVATION.DE
Thu Sep 13 07:16:00 EDT 2007

Hello Andreas,

Andreas Albarello <andreas.albarello at territoriumonline.com>, [20070913
- 13:00:29]

> Stephan Holl wrote:
> >>
> >> FILTER ([adr_id] IN '6446,6366,6483,...')
> >
> > Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it does not solve my problem.
> > The filter does not get applied, it does not show up at all with
> > your syntax above.
>
> That's weird, this should indeed work and was confirmed the other day
> by Lars-Göran Edholm on this mailing list. What Mapserver version are
> working on? This is a shapefile layer, right? Are you sure you've got
> it right? Notice the quotes around the comma-separated values (no
> space between the values)! You could also try to do a string
> comparison which might be necessary if adr_id is not a purely
> numerical field:
>
> FILTER ('[adr_in]' IN '6446,6366,6483')

Thanks for that, I had spaces between the entries... now it works, but
I cannot see any speed improvements... Perhaps I should try postgis and
greate Querys on-the-fly.

Perhaps there are other suggestions which may lead to more performance?
Is it worth to index the shapefile in such cases (about 3000 entries)?

Best
	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>, http://intevation.de/~stephan
Tel: +49 (0)541-33 50 8 32 | Intevation GmbH | AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998