FastCGI , ArcSDE, mapserver testing performance

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Sep 13 13:40:10 EDT 2007

Ruben Pardo wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I installed mapserver, with arcsde,  fastcgi, without compilation
> problems (i think that is correctly working), but i have not seen better
> performance in my test.
> I'm testing with jmeter (around 300 request) with fastcgi enabled and
> disabled (commenting code in httpd.conf), and the performance are similar.
> I have no logs in
> what am i doing incorrectly?

Ruben,

Are you setting the CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER on your SDE layers?  Is the
performance good, bad or terrible?  If you run with debugging enabled
for the layer you should hopefully see messages about the connection being
reused from the pool if things are working properly.

Best regards,