MapServer 5, AGG Antialiasing...

Andreas Albarello andreas.albarello at TERRITORIUMONLINE.COM
Tue Sep 18 11:10:55 EDT 2007

Timothy J Nolte wrote:
> Any way to selectively turn off the antialiasing
> for a layer when using AGG? Thanks.

Not that I'm aware of. It's my understanding that AGG works only that
way, i.e. subpixel-rendering = always antialiased.

I can see however how being able to individually select some layers to
be drawn the old way (GD) would be a nice addition. I guess that's
asking too much, though.

Anyhow, I'm not so sure that simply getting rid of GD's RGB rendering in
a future relase as suggested in the migration guide is a good idea,
seeing that some users, especially those facing performance issues,
might want to keep drawing non-antialiased maps.

Best regards,
Andreas Albarello
Analysis & SW Development

Territorium Online srl/GmbH