ogr tileindex with postgis?

Neil Best nbest at LANWORTH.COM
Wed Sep 19 18:01:11 EDT 2007

Is it possible to use a PostGIS table as a tileindex?  The docs seem to
indicate so, but I could not find an example of how to connect to
PostGIS through CONNECTIONTYPE OGR.  I have made some reasonable
attempts including TILEINDEX "PG:'host=myhost dbname=mydb',mytable"
(analogous to the examples givens) and using CONNECTIONTYPE postgis in
the usual fashion and substituting TILEINDEX for DATA, but it always
seems to be looking for a shapefile.  Normally I would provide better
snippets but I wanted to throw the question out there before going home
tonight, so if anyone has any insight or relevant web links I would
appreciate that information very much.  Thanks.

Neil