mapserver WMS service and clients (QGIS, ArcMap9.1, GoogleEarth)

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Thu Sep 20 09:40:18 EDT 2007

Janeks,

Can you post the text of your map file and the text of the template that
you are using for browse mode?

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Janeks Kamerovskis
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 5:40 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] mapserver WMS service and clients (QGIS,
ArcMap9.1, GoogleEarth)

Hi, folks!

Up to some days ago I did some mapserver configs only for web map. I had
ideas to configure it as WMS service, but was a bit worried, because the
description seemed for me that there is a lot of configuration and will
I can handle it. But well - it was not so difficult as I seems.
;-)

But finally I faced with some problems:

-> I could not it (WMS service layer) into ArMap9.1 or better say - I
-> can to
add them, but it is blank

-> It works well in QGIS, but if I tested the same *.map file for browse
mode in browser, than if I put map projection in source shape file
native projection EPSG:2100, than I can see the layer in browser, but if
I put map projection in WGS84, than I can see only blank image in
browser. In both cases in QGIS the layer works and fits well with other
projections, and projection was defined for given layer as well.

-> The test with Google Earth finally went well, after I escaped some
characters in map file path.

Does somebody have an idea how to get my map service into ArcMap and is
it correct way if my map is blank in browse mode?

Janeks