Need help converting mrSid {Scanned}

AmericanBwana dgertsch at GMURESEARCH.COM
Thu Sep 27 14:43:08 EDT 2007

Yes I've downloaded that file, but it seems as tho the output file will be to
large

J:\NAIP>mrsidgeodecode_win.exe -i adams/naip_1-1_1n_s_co001_2005_1.sid -o
geotif
f.tif -of tifg
mrsidgeodecode: (c) 2005 LizardTech, Inc. All rights reserved.

input:
  width:         123859
  height:        43049
  upper-left X:  488991.500000
  upper-left Y:  4435823.500000
  X scale:       1.000000
  Y scale:       -1.000000

output:
  width:         123859
  height:        43049
  upper-left X:  488991.500000
  upper-left Y:  4435823.500000
  X scale:       1.000000
  Y scale:       -1.000000
  format:        GeoTIFF
*** error: TIFF: Resulting tiff file is too large: > 4GB [50417]

J:\NAIP>

The input file is about 1G (I have one that is a tad over 3G).

It doesn't have to be a GeoTiff, but does need to be something HostGIS can
understand.

Any thoughts on that?