WMS Client Connection through a proxy

SUBSCRIBE MAPSERVER-USERS Y. Calcagni yvan.calcagni at VOILA.FR
Fri Sep 28 08:08:00 EDT 2007

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 08:00:37 -0400, Kralidis,Tom [Burlington]
<Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA> wrote:

>> I'm trying as a WMS client to connect an OGC server through a
>> proxy, but all I'm getting is a blank image.
>>
>> I'm using Mapserver 4.6.1 with WFS_CLIENT support and here is
>> to code from the mapfile I'm using :
>>
>> LAYER
>>     CONNECTION
>> "http://ogcrisques.brgm.fr/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/application/ma
>pserver/mapFiles/risquesIT.map?"
>>     CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
>>       METADATA
>>         "wms_srs"	"EPSG:27582"
>>         "wms_exceptions_format"	"application/vnd.ogc.se_xml"
>>         "wms_name"	"DAT_SIREN_FS"
>>         "wms_proxy_*"	"192.168.1.14:8080"
>>         "wms_format"	"image/png"
>>         "wms_server_version"	"1.1.1"
>>       END
>>     NAME "layerBD_MVT"
>>     PROJECTION
>>       "init=epsg:27582"
>>     END
>>     SIZEUNITS PIXELS
>>     STATUS ON
>>     TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
>>     TYPE RASTER
>>     UNITS METERS
>>   END
>>

>I'm not sure if this is supported (i.e. I don't see any proxy type
>metdata in either WMS client or WFS client).  Is the CONNECTION URL only
>accessible via proxy?
>
>..Tom

Yes I can only use internet connections through a proxy. There isn't a way?
Perharps I'm wrong but I believe that mapserver is using curl, and curl is
working fine on my server, with the environment variable http_proxy set.

Does anyone of you having a similar configuration?

Yvan