[mapserver-users] Mapserver & Cartograms

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 08:28:27 EDT 2008

Cartograms are a very communicative tool... I like them a lot.
I think the major problem of using them inside a GIS system is the Reference
System. It depends on the choosen algorithm, but in general (bounded
displacement) maybe the original map projection could be used. In that case
the cartogram could be treated as a normal georeferenced map...
Could it be a way?

Giovanni