[mapserver-users] What's the correct reference to MapServer now for Info linking?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 1 14:01:03 EDT 2008

Gregor Mosheh wrote:
> Bob Basques wrote:
>> What from below is most correct?
>
> UMN Mapserver

Gregor,

I wonder how you establish that?

I will concede that used to be how I referred to it, but with our adoption
as a formal OSGeo project I wonder if it is really the most appropriate.
It expresses an affiliation with the university that is now rather thin.

On the other hand, I don't refer to GDAL as "OSGeo GDAL" so it certainly
isn't required that OSGeo be included in the name.

The MapServer web page does not seem to try and refer to it as anything
except "MapServer".  I would think that this is the project name, and if
in some case you wanted to clarify it could be OSGeo's MapServer.

But, I don't feel strongly about this one way or the other.

Best regards,