[mapserver-users] Symbology rotation (again)

KMR - Kåre Mølgård Rasmussen KMR at orbicon.dk
Fri Apr 4 05:13:32 EDT 2008

Hi list

I´ve recently posted a question regarding symbology rotation. I´ve got two great replies suggesting

1)      Upgrade mapserver (I was running 4.10)

2)      Implement angleitem in a STYLE definition

I´ve done both, and when I run mapserv.exe with -v as argument, version 5.0.2 is returned. But when I try to display the map, mapserver fails with the following error:

Error: loadStyle(): Unknown identifier. Parsing error near (ANGLEITEM):(line 3328)

java.lang.UnknownError: loadStyle(): Unknown identifier. Parsing error near (ANGLEITEM):(line 3328)

The CLASS/STYLE looks like this

  CLASSITEM " TYPE"

  CLASS

     EXPRESSION "LOCK"

     STYLE

       COLOR 192 192 192

       SYMBOL "WATER_L"

       SIZE 10

       ANGLEITEM "LCK_ANGLE" #column contains float values

     END

  END

Any suggestions to this error?

TIA