[MAPSERVER-USERS] PostGIS data in EPSG:31300 using for Google Maps overlay

cfb carla.fernandezb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 03:04:11 EDT 2008

Hi Steven,

I had the same problems, my data were in EPSG:23030 but when I wanted to
overlay my WMS in Google Earth, even If I'd included EPSG:4326 in the
wms_srs list, It showed a difference between my map and Google. So, first of
all, you must include the 4326 in your wms_srs list (in the header and in
the layers), then you must set EPSG:4326 as your projection object in the
header, leaving the layers projections as 31300, and then you must look at
the epsg file in the PROJ library (\\ms4w\proj\nad), because probably your
EPSG code (31300) asn't all the parameters needed to reproject correctly the
data...

Look something like +towgs84, and try to find some parameter that help
MapServer to reproject better the data...like this you won't have to
reproject your original data

Regards