[mapserver-users] php/mapscript and OWS

ROBERT HOLLINGSWORTH reh2 at prodigy.net
Thu Apr 10 12:22:27 EDT 2008

Hello,
I've loaded latest MS4W 2.x (therefore PHP 5.x)
 and am trying to verify Mapscript's
OwsRequestObj and $mapobj->owsdispatch()
on a fairly ordinary shp-based mapfile
that works well where mapserv.exe is
the WMS server.

The requestobj seems healthy and
owsdispatch seems successful on WMS
GetCapabilities.  On a GetMap,
owsdispatch is returning MS_SUCCESS,
but all the image output formats are
coming thru damaged or truncated in
some way.  When running GetMap
in a browser, there are corruption
messages for PNG and GIF,
while JPG displays as a very "disturbed"
image that gdalinfo indicates is currupted.

The docs suggest that owsdispatch() should
be able to dump the image to the client without
further manipulation, so I don't know what I
might be missing.

Or if my environment is somehow tainted from
older MS4Ws (on PHP 4).  I uninstalled the old
apache that I was using and installed the new
MS4W in c:\ to be as generic as possible.

Any ideas out there?

thanks,
Robert H.