[mapserver-users] QueryByPoint problem: why always the same feature?

Pietro Giannini pgiannini at bytewise.it
Mon Apr 21 08:09:44 EDT 2008

Carlo,
I think the cache is refreshed each call of $layer->queryByPoint(point,
mode, buffer).
Remember to set the "mode" = MS_MULTIPLE to obtain more than one result,
the point is a $pointObj in GEOGRAPHIC coordinates, the buffer set to 0
get the default of the TOLERANCE (in pixels) of the mapfile, otherwise you
can specify in ground units a circle around the point for obtain the
results.

Look here:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/phpmapscript-class
for a good guide about.

here a piece of code (it work):

	$res = @$layer->queryByPoint($qpoint,MS_MULTIPLE,0);
	if (@$layer->getNumResults() > 0) {
		$layer->open();
		for ($i=0;$i<$layer->getNumResults();$i++) {
			$resCache = $layer->getResult($i);
			$shape = $layer->getShape(-1,$resCache->shapeindex);
			echo $shape->values['fieldname']."<br>";
			// .... etc.
		}
		$layer->close();
	}