[mapserver-users] Turn LAYERS within one GROUP on/off independently

Nils Zierath nils.zierath at uni-bonn.de
Fri Aug 1 12:20:22 EDT 2008

Dear list,
I wonder if it was possible to order layers hierarchically in a legend AND to mark
them as on/off separately via the ka-Map interface. For instance:

Borders & Administration
	=> Countries
	=> Regions

In my mapfile both "Countries" and "Regions" are assigned
GROUP 'Borders & Administration'
so I can turn them on/off via the ka-Map interface only in conjunction.

I want to be able to check "Borders & Administration" as on/off in the interface and
it will turn on all layers, that are organized below it.
I also want to be able to check both "Countries" and "Regions" independently on and off.

I am using ka-Map 1.0 as frontend for Mapserver 5.02 on Debian Etch.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Nils