[mapserver-users] msDrawRaster(): Image handling error with sles / opensuse

John Westwood John.Westwood at port.ac.uk
Wed Aug 6 07:57:58 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have successfully compiled MapServer 5.2 on both Debian Etch and SUSE =
Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 10 SP2 . Everything works fine on Debian, =
but on SUSE I receive the following error when trying to display any =
raster based layers:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named '......'.; =
msDrawRaster(): Image handling error. Unrecognized or unsupported image =
format; drawEPP(): Image handling error. EPPL7 support is not available.

I realise that the EPPL7 reference in the error message is a red herring. =
My raster layers are in geotiff format and the output format is png. =
Vector layers render fine as pngs. I am using MapServer as a WMS server. I =
compiled with agg, gd and gdal. I don't understand why it's not working! =
Please help!

Many thanks,

John W.

Great Britain Historical GIS Project.