[MAPSERVER-USERS] Problems calculating MAXSCALES

Rob gis at vanbooth.com
Wed Aug 13 08:56:28 EDT 2008

OK, I hesitate to say it, but this looks like a bug to me.  But I'm
still convinced that it must be something I have done wrong as this
seems too fundamental to have slipped through the net without anybody
else noticing it.

I have created a test case, and can reproduce on an MS4W installation
on my laptop away from the server.

Using MS4W (MapServer 5.0.2) the scales don't seem to match as per my
Using MS4W 1.5.4 (MapServer 4.8.3) the scales work as I would expect,
and shp2img creates a valid image.

I've uploaded my test data here -
http://sites.google.com/a/vanbooth.com/transfer/Home

There are two test map files - one for MapServer 5.0.2, and one for 4.8.3
There is a TIF (apols for the size) and a corresponding TFW file.

Can someone confirm that I haven't made a stupid mistake?  - which is
what I am expecting :)

Many thanks in advance

Rob