[mapserver-users] libssl.so.6 error

Steve Smith ssteve52 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 23:16:48 EDT 2008

Paul,

Luigi Castro Cardeles, suggested I make a symbolic link from libssl.so to libssl.so.6.
I did that and it did not look like it worked, but after taking a closer look it had.
However, I was getting a similar error message for libcrypto.so.6, so I did that same
thing. Now I am getting a memory error for glibc:

[Thu Aug 14 23:00:54 2008] [error] [client 71.120.222.68] *** glibc detected *** /var/www/cgi-bin/mapserv: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x0000000000b4c3d0 ***, r

There is no option for ssl in the configure file. I do see links to it in my make out put.
However, I have not found reference to it in mapserver documentation. Do you know
if it is required? If I am having this problem it must be.

Jim