[MAPSERVER-USERS] how to avoid overlapping points

daa32 darenas2001 at yahoo.es
Fri Aug 15 16:38:19 EDT 2008

Hi Steve,

I´m using a point shape. Here you can see part of my map file:

LAYER

 NAME 'prueba'
 DATA 'G:\shapes\prueba'
 TYPE POINT
 STATUS on
 MAXSCALEDENOM 500000

 OPACITY ALPHA
 TOLERANCE 4
 DUMP TRUE
 DEBUG OFF
 PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"

SYMBOLSCALEDENOM 1000000
  CLASSITEM 'CENTRO'

  CLASS
  NAME 'Aeropuertos'
  EXPRESSION ('[CENTRO]' = '5')

  STYLE
   COLOR 0 0 0
   SYMBOL 'aeropuertos'
   SIZE 10
   #MINSIZE 1
   MAXSIZE 14

  END #STYLE
 END #CLASS

CLASS
  NAME 'helipuertos'
  EXPRESSION ('[CENTRO]' = '2')

  STYLE
   COLOR 0 0 0
   SYMBOL 'helipuertos'
   SIZE 10
   #MINSIZE 1
   MAXSIZE 14

  END #STYLE
 END #CLASS

then, I understood from your advice I have to use "TYPE ANNOTATION" , better
than "TYPE POINT" to avoid overlapping , haven´t I?

I´ve attached a screen capture where you can check my problem

http://www.nabble.com/file/p19004959/prueba.jpg

Thanks again