[mapserver-users] Projection problem with EPSG 28992

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Aug 19 15:11:17 EDT 2008

Wim Blanken wrote:
> Hello list,
>

> I was trying to build mapserver 5.2 on Hostgis (slackware).
>
> I downloaded proj.4 version 4.6.0 and build mapserver against it. I
> believe it has a problem with the dutch projection (28992).
>
> Every other projection works ok but  if I use 28992 mapserver complains
> about an unknown projection id. So it can find proj but cannot operate
> with 28992. The strange thing is that if I change the proj.4 settings
> for 28992 in the epsg file (I change sterea in stere) it works.
>
> Does Proj.4 still operate with sterea or is this some kind of strange
> ‘slackware’ specific problem?

Wim,

Reviewing the PROJ.4 changelog, it appears sterea projection was added in
4.4.9.   With recent PROJ.4 things seem to work ok for me:

warmerda at gdal64[7]% proj -I +init=epsg:28992
0 0
3d18'49.421"E   47d58'30.94"N

Perhaps there is a very old system libproj.so on your system that is getting
used instead of the newer one?

Best regards,