[mapserver-users] FastCGI issues with MapServer 5.2, Ubuntu 8.04

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Thu Aug 21 11:39:14 EDT 2008

Andrea Aime ha scritto:
> Hi,
> I'm struggling a trying to configure MapServer 5.2
> for the performance comparison presentation that we'll
> hold at FOSS4G 2008
> (http://conference.osgeo.org/index.php/foss4g/2008/paper/view/256)
>
> In particular, no matter what I do, a single, long running
> mapserv process seems to be handling all of the requests
> coming down the pipe, regardless of how many client threads
> I'm using to hit the server. Some details on what I've
> done so far follow.

To answer myself, that was happening I added the
PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
directive into a shapefile layer definition. It
seems it's not exactly irrelevant, it's actually
harmful (whilst it's beneficial, and works too,
for postgis layers).

When I removed it the fastcgi processes started to get
spawn as configured in the fastcgi.conf file.

Cheers
Andrea