[mapserver-users] 5.2 problem - MySQL

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Aug 22 08:12:49 EDT 2008

Greg Luker wrote:

> I have just migrated from MapServer 4.10 to MapServer 5.2.
> I display points from a MySQL database (using OGRVRT select statement).
> A query (on the same database) that used to work fine with MapServer
> 4.10 now does not return anything from the database - no error message
> either. I click on a point  and the header template is returned and
> displayed but nothing else, not even the footer template. (no changes to
> .map file or MySQL - mapserver.log says "normal execution")

You probably also upgraded GDAL/OGR when you went from MapServer 4.10 to
5.2, right? Perhaps check that ogrinfo can still read your VRT with the
new version.

If it does, then I'd suggest setting "DEBUG 5" in your layer and then
watch what you get in the MS_ERROR file... you should see a bunch of
"msOGRFileNextShape: Returning shape=..." if MapServer can read the
data... or hopefully some warnings or errors if it can't.

See http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-28/ about the
way log/debug output works in MapServer 5.0+

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/