[mapserver-users] FastCGI issues with MapServer 5.2, Ubuntu 8.04

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Fri Aug 22 18:59:00 EDT 2008

Paul Ramsey ha scritto:
> Andrea,
>
> You might want to try mod_fcgi instead, as it has received maintenance
> and is targetted at Apache 2, whereas the original mod_fastcgi was
> built for 1.3 and received a cursory upgrade to 2.
>
> http://fastcgi.coremail.cn/
>
> That said, I have not experienced your problem before.

Ah, thanks a ton Paul. In the meantime I tried out
the FastCgiServer directive, I made it create 20 processes
and it works as advertised (actually my benchmarks show
MapServer got damn faster than last year, way to go).

Do you believe that trying out mod_fgci will give better
result, or in any case more realistic ones? (not sure
you'd want to keep 20 mapserver processes around statically,
thought they don't seem to be eating that much memory).

Cheers
Andrea