[mapserver-users] msTileSetup(): CGI error. Tile API is not available.

Chad Clabaugh cclabaugh at centwire.com
Mon Dec 15 17:24:39 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm creating my first map server and I'm trying to generate tiles for gmap
from shapfiles.  I have successfully gotten the mapserver to render the
shapefiles using the following url:

http://000.000.000.000/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/srv/www/htdocs/mapserver/coverag
e.map
<http://000.000.000.000/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/srv/www/htdocs/mapserver/covera
ge.map&mode=map> &mode=map

but when I try to use (only "mode" changes):

http://000.000.000.000/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/srv/www/htdocs/mapserver/coverag
e.map
<http://000.000.000.000/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/srv/www/htdocs/mapserver/covera
ge.map&mode=tile> &mode=tile

I receive the error:

msTileSetup(): CGI error. Tile API is not available.

I know that I'll need more url switches (I've simplified for the example),
however, I cannot find anything online concerning this error.  I've compiled
this on SUSE linux, and the map file contains only one simple map and layer
section.

If you need more info, please let me know.

I am also wondering if I'm going about this the correct way.  I would
ideally like to generate a tile cache rather than generate per request.  But
I have not found a tutorial to do such (I'm sure there's one out there).

Thank you much!

Chad Clabaugh

Technical Support, Engineering

Office: 260.760.6398