[mapserver-users] MapServer Symbol Conversion from Polyline Points

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Dec 29 17:10:56 EST 2008

I believe the size is computed from the max x, y coordinates and 0,0. That size (and the Style size) is then used
to offset the symbol so it is centered accordingly. Typically I always develop vector symbols on a unit square (0
to 1) so that things work predictably. As suggested later in this thread a TTF is a nice alternative for anything
complex. I use 'FontCreator' and it works quite nicely.

Steve