[mapserver-users] Ka-map on leopard

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Feb 13 17:59:56 EST 2008

On Feb 13, 2008, at 3:15 PM, Simone Dalmasso wrote:

> When I access to ka-map i can see the standard interface but no
> mapfile are loaded. I'm sure that the path is correct.
> I think the problem is in the php_gd, because in my mac I haven't
> found any php_gd.so files.
>
> I've installed all frameworks from http://www.kyngchaos.com/ GD
> framework included. I've also installed the php-cgi 5.2 and used
> phpenable.app.
> But in my phpinfo, in the configure section, i read : '--with-gd=/
> Users/Shared/unix/gd' but in this folder I haven't any unix dir. All
> files are in /library/frameworks/gd.framework.
> Can you help me?

php_gd.so is the extension for GD support in PHP.  It's also possible
to build GD into PHP, which I have done with my PHP, no extension
files necessary.  The --with-gd= you found is just how I configured
PHP when compiling it and has nothing to do (in this case) with
needing that folder at runtime.  As long as there is a GD section in
the phpinfo() features, GD support is working.

Note that my recent PHP and Mapserver both have GD built into them,
and the GD framework has been discontinued, so there is no need to
install it, though it won't hurt anything except to take up space.

I haven't tried ka-map since a long time ago (it worked then), so I
don't know how to troubleshoot the ka-map configuration.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if
you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm
50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy