[mapserver-users] Mapserver equivalent for .NET

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Feb 29 16:43:00 EST 2008

I agree with Frank. The liberal MapServer license was chosen for a reason. I always figured
that to be accepted you had to put out a good product AND it must be easy to use with as little
restrictions as possible. I believe that people are generally good and will contribute back to the
project. The incentive to do so is high assuming they want to continue to leverage the project
over time. Merging local changes with new versions of MapServer would be a huge pain, so sharing
makes sense.

IMHO that organizations or individuals that would abuse a project will do so regardless of license.

Steve