WFS request options

nelson guda nelson.guda at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 3 15:28:46 EST 2008

Hi all,

I have an odd request regarding WFS capabilities.  Is it possible to
have a WFS mapserver request return gml results without the geometry
data?

I know that this seems odd, but it makes sense for what I am doing.
I am using a WMS overlay to serve tiles for a large dataset to an
overlay on google maps.  In order to query specific polygons from
that dataset (a shapefile), I am using a WFS GetFeature request.  All
I need is the id and other parameters of the feature, but not the
geometry data (because it is already there from the WMS.  Right now I
am just parsing out the info I need from the gml at the server level,
but it would be much faster if I could get the WFS to return only the
feature info minus the geometry data.  Is this possible?

Thanks, and thanks for your previous help.

nelson