mapscript generic variable substitution syntax

rich.fromm nospam420 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jan 7 18:23:57 EST 2008

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> The way other people have done the equivalent to this is to generate a
> template mapfile with generic objects. the then read call
>
>     map = new mapObj(mapfile);
>
> to get the incomplete mapfile obj and then read the variables that they
> need to process and make calls that modify the map object appropriately.

Ok, thanks.  That's basically what I'm doing already, I was just wondering
if there were a cleaner way.  And I think the errors that I am seeing wrt
the FILTER (that aren't affecting the result) are probably a red herring and
not related to the substitution at all.