dbox: Is it still being actively maintained?

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 8 20:55:30 EST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 6:46 PM, Matthew Pettis <matthew.pettis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is dBox still being actively maintained?  Or is it being replaced by
> OpenLayers or something else?  The last date I see with updates on the page
> is sometime in 2006.
>
> I'm just looking for tools to facilitate rubberband zooming and such.
>
> thanks,
> matt

It works so well that it doesn't require maintenance! (just joking).

It still works great, but Java applets are less popular these days
than dynamic HTML, AJAX stuff. Steve Lime has a dBox that is very
similar to jBox, but based on dynamic HTML rather than Java. And
OpenLayers is excellent, along with many others.

Rich

--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com