How to

Chip Taylor work at XWB.COM
Thu Jan 10 13:16:08 EST 2008

I know that this is not specifically a mapserver question (or maybe it is)
but here goes:

Is there a way to:

1. Take one large shapefile (such as uscounties.shp) and split it into
individual shapefiles based on information in the .dbf file (such as
individual counties - one per shapefile)?

2. How would I send a query to Mapserver to only return a map for a specific
entity in a shapefile (such as a county from a shapefile that contained all
US counties - based on the state FIP and County FIP in the dbf)?

It has been a while since I have done any Mapserver development and now I
have to get back to it.  Your help is greatly appreciated!

Chip Taylor