JavaScript Measure Tool

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 10 19:37:52 EST 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 1:06 PM, Ian Tidy <IANT at napier.govt.nz> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am updating the interface on my MapServer site and want to change my
> existing PHP based measure tool to JavaScript based tool.  I understand that
> I need to draw on a canvas element, but I am having trouble finding
> information on the canvas and finding a good example that is easy to follow.
> Does anyone know of a good example that is easy enough to follow on how I
> can build this tool.
>
> Thanks for your help…
>
> Cheers Ian
> ______________________
>  Ian Tidy
>  GIS Analyst / Developer
>  Works Asset Department
>  Napier City Council
>  Hastings St, Private Bag 6010, Napier, New Zealand
>  Phone +64-6-835-7579 Ext. 8115
>  Fax +64-6-834-4195
>  mailto:iant at napier.govt.nz
>  http://www.napier.govt.nz | http://maps.napier.govt.nz

A lot of people approach this with a higher level
library/client/framework like OpenLayers, bBox, MapBuilder.BapBender,
GeoMoose, etc. If you want to build your own, all of those would
obviously have some good example JavaScript.

--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com
www.greenwoodmap.com