Plate Carre with latitude shift

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Wed Jan 16 12:59:42 EST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Frank Warmerdam
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:01 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Plate Carre with latitude shift

Ed McNierney wrote:
> Frank -
>
> My comment to Espen, "The lat_ts parameter is the latitude of true
scale, and causes that latitude to be drawn at true scale, reducing
distortion at that latitude", seems in conflict with your comment "Are
you hoping to get one projected meter being one meter on the ground
> at 60N as opposed to it being one meter at the equator as is the
default?  I'm not aware of proj=eqc supporting any such option."

> It sounds like I am misunderstanding what lat_ts does.  If it doesn't
do what I thought (cause 60N to be the latitude of true scale, where one
meter in map units equals one meter on the ground), what does it do?

Ed,

I stand corrected.  Lat_ts is indeed a supported parameter for eqc.  I
had
just never used it and didn't realize it was supported for that
projection.

I'll just shut up now. :-)

Best regards,
------
warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGeo,
http://osgeo.org