PHP Mapscript runtime error after compiling

Jacques Tati garbageboxe at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 21 10:16:21 EST 2008

Hi,

I've successfuly built mapserver 4.10.3 from Howard Buttler's buildkit
number 101807 using Visual C++ 8 under XP pro. The only change i made is
setting the maximum number of layers in map.h to a higher value (too bad
there is no config file for such variables). I'm a total C++ newbie so it
took me pretty much time. I tried to update my ms4w installation with the
new mapserv.exe and maplib.exe (simply replacing them in ms4w cgi-bin folder
- ms4w version was 4.10.0). Now I get the following errors when i call my
php script:

First, an error dialog box:
"Runtime error! Program ...\php.exe - R6034 An application has made an
attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact..."

Then, an error from PHP4:
load dynamic library
'C:\\ms4w\Apache\php\extensions\php_mapscript_4.10.0.dll' - A dynamic link
library (DLL) initialization routine failed."

Is it that I incorrectly "installed" the new version? Must I also manage to
compile php_mapscript :( ?
I've got no clue of that error cause. If someone could give me some light,
It would be *greatly* appreciated.

Thanks,

jaq