proj=eqc with change of latitute

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Tue Jan 22 15:01:21 EST 2008

ed at topozone.com
Phone: +1 (978) 251-4242
Fax: +1 (978) 251-1396

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Espen Isaksen
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:45 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] proj=eqc with change of latitute

Hi!

This question originates from this earlier thread:

http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0801&L=mapserver-users&D=1&T=0&P=37923

But since I learned a lot during that thread and because the thread is
full of all kinds of questions now I would like to ask a very specific
question again in a new thread.

I have also checked out the archives at this list and the PROJ list. I
have found one similar question on this list in 2005:

http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0504&L=MAPSERVER-USERS&P=R75005

Here is my question:

I have set up a mapfile with projection parameters like this:

EXTENT 10.6661 59.9155 10.6824 59.9213
PROJECTION
    "init:epsg:4326"
END