Controlling transparency - php mapscript

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Tue Jan 22 16:45:43 EST 2008

I believe that at this time, transparency is only set at the layer
level.  In the future, there will hopefully be class-level transparency.

I would guess that the only way to accomplish this would be to create
two layers, one for the outline and one for the semi-transparent fill.
You could then group them.

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Alan Hale
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 3:41 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Controlling transparency - php mapscript

Hi

I've just learned how to set the transparency for a layer

    - $myLayer->set("transparency", 20);

But what I really want to do is set a semi-transparent fill for square
polygons that I'm drawing on the fly from a MySQL database, but keep the

outline of the squares opaque. Is this possible - and how?

Many thanks

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth
Wales