zoom rectangle (or dynamic zoom) with python mapscript

william paul williampaul28 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jan 27 13:18:39 EST 2008

Thank you Bart:

I will and I will try to use also dbox for dynamic pan and zoom

William

----- Original Message ----
From: Bart van den Eijnden <bartvde at GMAIL.COM>
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 7:47:25 PM
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] zoom rectangle (or dynamic zoom) with python mapscript

You will need javascript anyway, so I recommend looking at the excellent OpenLayers library instead of creating your own:

http://www.openlayers.org

Best regards,
Bart

On Jan 27, 2008 6:20 PM, william paul <williampaul28 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello:

I am trying to learn mapscript and I am using the Python version. I have found good examples and it's working OK so far, but I have a few questions:
- how can I create dynamic zoom in mapscript, so I can draw a rectangle on the screen and zoom in in that area? Do I need javascript or is done by mapscript

Thank you,

William