Mapserver 5.0.0 installation fails at GEOS

Pericles S. Nacionales naci0002 at UMN.EDU
Wed Jan 30 18:16:59 EST 2008

William Hudspeth wrote:
> Hello Perry,
>
> Unfortunately, I am getting the same errors with Mapserver 5.0.2!!!
>
> Bill

Hey Bill,

Sorry to hear that.  Am I correct in assuming that you have multiple
versions of GEOS in your system?  If so, you might want to make sure the
headers and library symlinks are correct for the particular version
you're linking to.  In particular, is libgeos_c.so symlinked to
/usr/local/geos-3.0.0rc4/lib/libgeos_c.so.1.x.x?  Is
/usr/local/geos-3.0.0rc4/lib in your library path (in /etc/ld.so.conf)?
You can check with "ldconfig -v | grep geos".  You can also define
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /usr/local/geos-3.0.0rc4, if this path isn't
defined anywhere.

That's all I can think of right now.  I hope it helps.

-Perry